Friday, August 28, 2009

Wow, it’s been a while since our last blog entry! Isn’t it amazing how time slips by? Where should I even start?

First off, my voice is new to this blog as the most recent addition to the La Bonne Cuisine team. For those of you who don’t know me, my name is Elaine Herman and I came on board in February as the Director of Sales. To say I hit the ground running is an understatement! Part of my job is to introduce La Bonne Cuisine to as many people as possible, and I’ve been doing just that, by meeting people, hosting tastings, and though my involvement in the different organizations that serve the events industry.

So, what have we been up to since the beginning of the year? Let’s see…

· In April, we competed in the First Annual Grilled Cheese Cook-Off at AT&T Park. We are the proud winners of first Golden Spatula Award, which is proudly on display in our salon.




· In June, we were the exclusive caterer for the MPI Gala at the California Academy of Sciences. The theme was The Elements, and we created unique buffets reflecting Fire, Water, Air and Earth. We are still using all of the herbs in our Earth station in our kitchen!



· July has been a busy month. In addition to our regular events, we were one of the sponsors of the Regency Centennial Celebration where we had an amazingly beautiful station. We created a tent in the Grand Ballroom with a hanging buffet inside, which was a definite show stopper! The following week we made the desserts for the ISES Gala, where I had the honor of receiving the Rising Star of the Year Award. I can’t even begin to tell you how honored I was to be recognized by my peers…it meant the world to me.

· August is winding down and it has been a busy month. The month started with ISES Event World and the SEARCH Foundation event here in San Francisco, and then the boys left for France, leaving me all by my lonesome here in the office. I wish I could go with them…no fair! Somebody has to mind the store. Now that they are back we will have lots of recipes to add to our repertoire.

Check back to see what else is going on here at La Bonne Cuisine. I’ll do my best to update our blog more often!

Elaine

No comments: